Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia!

The other Don

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Don Owers
Hello Everyone,
Firstly congratulations and thanks to Tim and anyone else involved in getting this site up and going, it's a great resource for alpha shooters.
I've been using Sony Alpha since about 2014 after a trip to Scotland rekindled my interest in photography. I started with an Alpha 77ii and later moved to the A7Rii, which I'm still using and which continues to give excellent results for the landscapes which have been my main focus. I'm starting to get interested in birds in flight so I'm considering another Alpha body. If money wasn't a question the A9ii would be first choice, but the budget may demand an A7iii or maybe the rumoured A7iv?
Cheers,
Don

Welcome to the forum Don and thank you for joining! I can definitely understand how a trip to Scotland can rekindle ones interest in photography. It's such a beautiful place. We hope to visit later this year if we are allowed to travel. Did you make it to Skye? The a7III will have no trouble with birds in flight, but if you aren't in any rush then maybe wait to see what the a7 IV offers, I'm sure it won't be too much longer before it's announced.

Back