Greetings From Sun City AZ.

RussJohns

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Russ Johns
I just wanted to drop in and say HI! Newbie to the 6400 and have two of them for livestreaming and photography. I thought it was a great place to get back into a camera after many years away from a camera. I primarily use Sigma Prime lenses and am interested in adding the Sigma 18-50 to take out on city shoots.
I'm still learning about the menu on the 6400 and love to learn more about creative ideas and tips.

I was also considering looking at a 6600 in the future for IBIS. Thanks for the community and look forward to learning more.

Enjoy the day

I just wanted to drop in and say HI! Newbie to the 6400 and have two of them for livestreaming and photography. I thought it was a great place to get back into a camera after many years away from a camera. I primarily use Sigma Prime lenses and am interested in adding the Sigma 18-50 to take out on city shoots.
I'm still learning about the menu on the 6400 and love to learn more about creative ideas and tips.

I was also considering looking at a 6600 in the future for IBIS. Thanks for the community and look forward to learning more.

Enjoy the day

Welcome to the Forum, Russ.

happy To be a part of the community and thanks for the message @Jeff A

Have an amazing weekend

Nice to have another Arizona member.

My wife bought the 6400 and is getting along brilliantly with it, I've just acquired a 6600 as a result and after a decade of nikon dslrs am getting used to it.

I do prefer the bigger grip suits me better, especially with a big old lens on the front.

My wife bought the 6400 and is getting along brilliantly with it, I've just acquired a 6600 as a result and after a decade of nikon dslrs am getting used to it.

I do prefer the bigger grip suits me better, especially with a big old lens on the front.
I really would like to add a 6600 to the arsenal and may need to make it happen soon. Where do you like to go shoot?
Have you found any interesting locations that inspire you to get out and visit?

I have not really been on a photo walk or any destination locations yet.

I really would like to add a 6600 to the arsenal and may need to make it happen soon. Where do you like to go shoot?
Have you found any interesting locations that inspire you to get out and visit?

I have not really been on a photo walk or any destination locations yet.
I consider myself lucky in that we live within walking distance of the Norfolk broads. We can walk out the front door and be with distance of some stunning wildlife. Marsh harriers, barn owls, otters, wood peckers and much more all put in appearances on a regular basis. Since buying the camera, we've been very busy so that's been it. Hopefully though, we can explore further afield.

Welcome and nice to see another a6400 user!
I too was curious about the a6600, but at this point I have resigned myself to just enjoy my a6400 for now and wait until a new camera body is announced.
Also, that Sigma 18-50 looks like a nice lens, compact and bright! A much better fit on the a6400 than the Tamron 17-70 (which took me a while to get used to, due to its weight/size).

Welcome Russ and thanks so much for joining up here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Back