Greetings!

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Jasonlmorgan

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 9, 2021
Name
Jason Morgan
Country
United States
City/State
Long Beach, California
Good Morning!

I actually requested access back in April, and then promptly got distracted by something shiny and forgot to check the email account I registered with. Thanks for the add, and I'm still reading through the site to figure things out. Currently using an A7iii and trying to decide on what lenses I want and scolding myself to not try and get them all at once. xD

Jeff A

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Welcome Jason. I am a new A73 shooter as well. It was hard for me to pick lenses being a Newbie but you can see my choices in my signature below. In addition, I have a 14mm G-Master coming soon, I hope. I take it you are not new to Photography, but new to the Sony, is that right?

Jasonlmorgan

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 9, 2021
Name
Jason Morgan
Country
United States
City/State
Long Beach, California
I’ve played around with it for a few years. Bounced back and forth between Sony and Canon before settling on Sony. I haven’t splurged on any of the G lenses, yet, but am enjoying the 85mm 1.8. I can’t decide if I want my next to be a telephoto, something wider, or a macro lens. I had fun playing with the macro lens I had a couple years ago. 😍

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Thanks for coming back again Jason! :) It's a good time of year for macro. The Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro is very nice and I've heard good things about the Sigma 105 F2.8 Macro as well. There's also the Sigma 70mm F2.8 Macro and Voiglander has a few very nice manual focus macro lenses as well.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.