Grey Plover

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Oooo lovely shots, and bird. Not one I've seen yet.

Reactions: Sdawes

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Thanks Kev , Snettisham Beach back in April , passing through on its way North to its breeding grounds
Heading there tomorrow :)

Sdawes

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Heading there tomorrow :)
Good luck mate , if the tide is as high as predicted you will be in for a treat , think about whether you want to focus on the birds when they are out at sea murmerating as the tide pushes them in or when they have flown into the pits and are viewable from the hides . Its difficult to do both as the hides fill up quickly and you might struggle to get a decent place to get images . If you want those shots I would get there as early as you can and head straight for the main hide ( Knots Landing ) to get a place , there are about 6 places where there is low level cut outs at ground level where you can lie flat on the floor and have your lens poke out through one of the portholes for amazing low level shots . If you stay on the beach watching the spectacle out at sea then its unlikley you will get near the hides but obviously it all depends on how many people turn up and the weather as it might put some off if its not great. Either way you will enjoy an amazing wildlife spectacle .

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Good luck mate , if the tide is as high as predicted you will be in for a treat , think about whether you want to focus on the birds when they are out at sea murmerating as the tide pushes them in or when they have flown into the pits and are viewable from the hides . Its difficult to do both as the hides fill up quickly and you might struggle to get a decent place to get images . If you want those shots I would get there as early as you can and head straight for the main hide ( Knots Landing ) to get a place , there are about 6 places where there is low level cut outs at ground level where you can lie flat on the floor and have your lens poke out through one of the portholes for amazing low level shots . If you stay on the beach watching the spectacle out at sea then its unlikley you will get near the hides but obviously it all depends on how many people turn up and the weather as it might put some off if its not great. Either way you will enjoy an amazing wildlife spectacle .
Cheers. Yes I can't see us getting in a hide, though we are going early, but we will see. Will probably head to Titchwell after. The sea spectacle is most important really.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.