David Lewis
Country
United States
City/State
Delaware
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi All

I'm Dave. I returned to photography about 7 years ago as a way to just get out more and to capture better images while on vacation. The return has been successful as I do get out more and now vacation with photography in mind. My photography is mostly wildlife (read as mostly birds) with a scattering of landscape and the occasional macro, basically things without people.
My return started with an A6000 kit which I used about 18 months before it was obvious that the body was holding me back. I had a little luck in getting my next camera in that I was about to pick up a refurbished A9 for the price of the just released A7iii (which was what I was looking for). The A9 was/is a wonderful camera but at the time the only long lens available for the E-mount were the 70-300 and 100-400 and Wood Ducks and Belted Kingfishers are friendly enough to make the 24mps really work. So little after the release of the A7Riv I traded in the A9 for one and then Sony released the 200-600. As I am sure many of you know the 61mps of the A7Riv are fantastic but the sensor readout speed and max FPS are just not something that works well for capturing the speedy Tree Swallows. So not long after the announcement of the A1 a brown truck left one with me.

My current kit list includes
A1 & A7Riv
Tameron 17-28 f2.8
Sony 24-105 G f4
Sony 90mm G f2.8
Sony 100-400 GM
Sony 200-600 G

I will leave you with the image that was most likely the most responsible for my trip down the rabbit hole of wildlife photography, even though nothing like this lives anywhere near me in Delaware, USA.

Dave

Leopard stalking.jpg

Welcome Dave and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. The road to the A1 is a familiar one for a few other members on here too! :)

Welcome!

Back