Hello Everyone!!

raidy8

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Edes
Howdy, Thanks for accepting me into the group. I am new to Sony... not new to photography. I just acquired a A7Riii. I got a killer deal on a used system. I shot Pentax for almost 25 years and loved the system. It became difficult to get new equipment and Pentax has fallen behind in many areas IMHO. Any advice for a new sony owner would be very well received!! I live in Utah, USA. My passion is outdoor landscapes and macro photography. I look forward to seeing what I can do with my new camera.
Thanks again!!

Setup your FN menu and custom menu options. The older menu system is not so great but since you can customize pages it is best to do that.

Hi, I'm new here to but I've been using Sony for a while! Depending on what type of subjects you're into. Check out Mark Galer's YouTube tutorials and online guides. They're really good!!@

Setup your FN menu and custom menu options. The older menu system is not so great but since you can customize pages it is best to do that.
Thanks, the nice thing is I don’t know the difference between old or new.

Welcome Edes and thank you for joining up here. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, the nice thing is I don’t know the difference between old or new.
Welcome. I shoot an A7IV and an A7RIII. Two different menus, the A7IV having the new 'improved' menu. It took me most of last summer but I can now navigate both in the field with no issues. You shouldn't have any trouble acclimating at all.

Welcome. I shoot an A7IV and an A7RIII. Two different menus, the A7IV having the new 'improved' menu. It took me most of last summer but I can now navigate both in the field with no issues. You shouldn't have any trouble acclimating at all.
Hey sorry to disturb your conversation but I just bought a A7IV and I am new to sony, I have been using canon for 13-15 years till now, any advise for me regarding to a7IV

Hey sorry to disturb your conversation but I just bought a A7IV and I am new to sony, I have been using canon for 13-15 years till now, any advise for me regarding to a7IV
That's a very broad question and it would take days to type an answer. My advice is to learn how to use the camera, each one is different. There's a lot of good advice here, feel free to roam around the forum and check out threads. Don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

And you're not disturbing our conversation! Never be timid about asking for help.

That's a very broad question and it would take days to type an answer. My advice is to learn how to use the camera, each one is different. There's a lot of good advice here, feel free to roam around the forum and check out threads. Don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

And you're not disturbing our conversation! Never be timid about asking for help.
Thank you. I am not new to dslr's and mirrorless but this camera is a little different, I am used to canon 5D and r6/r5. But focusing is a bit tricky in a7IV. Can you tell me if it's possible to touch focus multiple subjects in this camera?

Thank you. I am not new to dslr's and mirrorless but this camera is a little different, I am used to canon 5D and r6/r5. But focusing is a bit tricky in a7IV. Can you tell me if it's possible to touch focus multiple subjects in this camera?
I cannot, I don't use any of those features.

See link.

Back