Hello from Cornwall, UK.

Natureslight

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mark Stokes
Good Afternoon from West Cornwall in the UK. I'm surrounded by beautiful coastline and Neolithic monuments and stone circles and burial sites which is a landscapers dream.
I grew up with film technology particularly E6 and specifically Fuji Velvia 50 iso, the quality was stunning as was the price of development.

Then when digital started to appear I became an early adopter in early 2000, my first digital camera was a Olympus camedia C-860L with a 1.3 Megapixel sensor.... I was hooked on the technology. I invested heavily in the Canon ecosphere and had a good range of bodies and optics but it never came close to the quality of a good E6 Slide image ( in my opinion )

Three years ago I was more than a little interested in the quality images that I was seeing from Sony mirrorless systems so I purchased an A7R3 and was instantly impressed by the quality of my landscapes in comparison with Canon. I sold all my Canon optics over the last couple of years and now have a Sony GM 14mm f1.8 that virtually lives on the camera a Tamron 17-28 F2.8, a Laowa 25mm 2x-5x macro, Laowa 90mm 2.8mm and have just purchased the Sony 200-600. Soon I am going to invest in either an A1 or A7R5. I shoot mainly Landscapes but enjoy macro and wildlife also.
Sundial.jpg
Regards

Mark

Welcome!

Welcome Mark and thanks for joining up here. I hope to spend a week in Cornwall next April all being well, so I'm looking forward to some scones and your beautiful landscape :)

Hi Tim, Many thanks for the welcome.
April in Cornwall is a good time to visit ( photographically ) as it is still too chilly for the beach hoards but generally the worst weather has passed by then. I'm in West Cornwall - between Penzance and St Ives, when I look up from my pc I can see the castle on St Michaels Mount through my window !

So if you happen to be coming down as far as the beautiful West of Cornwall let me know and I can recommend all the best places to photograph and the hidden gems including the ancient standing stones, like these:
11 Men An Tol Sunset.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 80
. Also you will need to have the best pasty shops on your list of places to go!
Some of my West Cornwall landscapes are here: https://www.ephotozine.com/user/natureslight-43370/portfolio there is 3 pages of thumbnails. If you like the look of any of the Cornish shots and want to know the location, just ask.

All the best Mark

Hi Tim, Many thanks for the welcome.
April in Cornwall is a good time to visit ( photographically ) as it is still too chilly for the beach hoards but generally the worst weather has passed by then. I'm in West Cornwall - between Penzance and St Ives, when I look up from my pc I can see the castle on St Michaels Mount through my window !

So if you happen to be coming down as far as the beautiful West of Cornwall let me know and I can recommend all the best places to photograph and the hidden gems including the ancient standing stones, like these:. Also you will need to have the best pasty shops on your list of places to go!
Some of my West Cornwall landscapes are here: https://www.ephotozine.com/user/natureslight-43370/portfolio there is 3 pages of thumbnails. If you like the look of any of the Cornish shots and want to know the location, just ask.

All the best Mark
Stunning images Mark! I'll definitely reach out if we come down that way. We are staying near to Padstow, I'm not sure if will will make it all the way down to Penzance, it depends on how the kids are behaving! :)

Stunning images Mark! I'll definitely reach out if we come down that way. We are staying near to Padstow, I'm not sure if will will make it all the way down to Penzance, it depends on how the kids are behaving! :)
Thanks Tim, Padstein is in the "posh" end of Cornwall. The landscape there is beautiful in its own right but not as rugged as West Cornwall. And the area that your staying in caters better for kids than West Cornwall does. ( you try explaining to them that a pile of rocks in a field was built by people 4,000 years ago ) and see how long their attention span is. Enjoy your time in Cornwall. PS photo below is Roche Rock which is about 25 mins from Padstow.
10 Roche Rock Chapel.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3
  • E 17-28mm F2.8-2.8
  • 17.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 80

Thanks Tim, Padstein is in the "posh" end of Cornwall. The landscape there is beautiful in its own right but not as rugged as West Cornwall. And the area that your staying in caters better for kids than West Cornwall does. ( you try explaining to them that a pile of rocks in a field was built by people 4,000 years ago ) and see how long their attention span is. Enjoy your time in Cornwall. PS photo below is Roche Rock which is about 25 mins from Padstow.
Another stunner Mark! I'll definitely have to try and get there. For the foreseeable our holidays are all about the kids and making our lives as easy as possible! There is a hot tub where we are staying which will probably be required after chasing them around all day long!

Back