snegron

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello everyone! I hope to meet other fellow Sony enthusiasts here. I currently own a Sony A7c and a couple of starter lenses (Tamron 24mm f2.8, Sony 40mm f2.5 G, Sony 85mm f1.8 and the 28-60 kit lens). I shot Nikon, Canon and Panasonic for several years but decided to try out Sony for travel shots.

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome Sandy and thank you for joining up here. How are you enjoying the a7C?

Welcome Sandy and thank you for joining up here. How are you enjoying the a7C?
Hi Timothy! Thanks! I'm really liking the A7c. Its small size is perfect for travel photography. I'm currently debating on either waiting for Tamron's new 20-40mm f2.8, or buying a Sony 24mm f2.8 G to replace my Tamron 24mm f2.8.

Hi Timothy! Thanks! I'm really liking the A7c. Its small size is perfect for travel photography. I'm currently debating on either waiting for Tamron's new 20-40mm f2.8, or buying a Sony 24mm f2.8 G to replace my Tamron 24mm f2.8.
I've not tried the Tamron 24mm f2.8 myself, what is you don't like about it? The new 20-40 F2.8 does look interesting!

I've not tried the Tamron 24mm f2.8 myself, what is you don't like about it? The new 20-40 F2.8 does look interesting!
The Tamron 24mm is a super sharp and lightweight lens! My only issues with it are its size and feel. It is pretty big/fat and occupies more space than necessary in a small bag (especially with the hood attached). As for the feel of the lens, it feels very delicate; almost as if I have to be careful not to squeeze it too hard because it will break or crack. The images I get from it are amazingly sharp though. If I were to use this lens for anything else but travel it would be perfect!

Hello everyone! I hope to meet other fellow Sony enthusiasts here. I currently own a Sony A7c and a couple of starter lenses (Tamron 24mm f2.8, Sony 40mm f2.5 G, Sony 85mm f1.8 and the 28-60 kit lens). I shot Nikon, Canon and Panasonic for several years but decided to try out Sony for travel shots.
Welcome Sandy, what part of Florida? Hopefully you weren't hit by Hurricane Ian. I'm over in South Florida in Broward county.
That A7C has a similar layout to the APSC line, with its smaller viewfinder and compact body, but still impressive how much they crammed into it.

Btw, do you find the Tamron 24 f2.8 a little slow to focus? I have one as well and although its good for many scenarios, I was finding it a bit sluggish when autofocusing on my kid as I was trying to get some rapid-fire shots of her doing tummy time.

Welcome Sandy, what part of Florida? Hopefully you weren't hit by Hurricane Ian. I'm over in South Florida in Broward county.
That A7C has a similar layout to the APSC line, with its smaller viewfinder and compact body, but still impressive how much they crammed into it.

Btw, do you find the Tamron 24 f2.8 a little slow to focus? I have one as well and although its good for many scenarios, I was finding it a bit sluggish when autofocusing on my kid as I was trying to get some rapid-fire shots of her doing tummy time.
Hi FowlersFreeTime! I'm in Lee County, and we got hit hard. My house sustained pretty serious damages. We have no electricity or running water; word is that it will take at least three weeks before we get them back. Lines for gasoline are horrendously long, and the supermarkets have very little stock.

As for the Tamron 24mm, it is not the fastest AF lens, but it makes up for it in sharpness. Pretty decent lens!

Oh damn, I'm sorry! Hope they get you sorted out with power soon at least.

I just bought the Tamron 20-40 F2.8 to cater for the wider end where the Tamron 35-150m isn't adequate.

The Tamron 20-40 will mostly be for real estate, Airbnbs

Back