AlphaLG

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Leroy
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is staying positive and testing negative during this pandemic. My name is Leroy and im a hybrid shooter from New Mexico. Ive been carrying my alpha for years now, i started with an a55 SLT years ago. Unfortunately that camera and all my gear was stolen this summer while on a road trip. I just replaced it with an a7iii and i love it. Im still getting used to all the upgrades and settings so i welcome any tips and tricks.

Cheers

Leroy

Thanks for the add!
I am a Nikon shooter, but have been wanting to move to mirrorless as well. Nikon Z is so far behind the field and their native lens line up is dismal, especially for wildlife and BIF. Joined the Alpha shooters and Sony wildlife groups last week just to check out the cameras and lens discussions. after viewing so many amazing photos and deep knowledge about the Sony mirrorless world I decided to pull the trigger. My a9ii with TC 1.4, grip and 4 batteries will arrive next week. Also took the plunge and bought the FE 600 OSS GM. so looking forward to everyone's discussions and feedback as I have a lot to learn about this great Sony system and kit.

Welcome Darly! Glad to have you here and i am very jealous of that 600 GM. I cant wait to see some amazing captures.

Cheers!

LG

Welcome Darly! Glad to have you here and i am very jealous of that 600 GM. I cant wait to see some amazing captures.

Cheers!

LG
thanks for the welcome. lens and camera arrives in 5 days. very excited! will have many questions I am sure- haha

Hi Leroy, your A7iii is a world away from your A55 isn't it?

Hi Leroy, your A7iii is a world away from your A55 isn't it?
Absolutely, while i miss my 55 because of all the places we've been and all the cool things we captured together the a7iii is an amazing machine. Its much better at astro than the 55. I tried astro and i was terrible (admittedly mostly my fault as i had no idea what i was doing) but the 7iii its so effortless to get something that is usable. The proof is in the youtube video i posted in astro, not great but with the 55 i wouldn't have been able to capture that.

LG

Back