Hello there! New/old Sony owner

DannyG

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dan Gallagher
Hi,
I'm a photographer/filmmaker from the Finger Lakes region of New York state; most of my video work is for area not for profits and the photography is fine arts prints. I'm hoping to do more video work around climate issues. I have a A7R2 that I've used for years and I just picked up an A7iv. I stumbled on this forum looking for ideas about how to customize the A7iv.
Peace,
Dan Gallagher
www.DanGallagherArts.com

Welcome aboard!

Welcome

Hi,
I'm a photographer/filmmaker from the Finger Lakes region of New York state; most of my video work is for area not for profits and the photography is fine arts prints. I'm hoping to do more video work around climate issues. I have a A7R2 that I've used for years and I just picked up an A7iv. I stumbled on this forum looking for ideas about how to customize the A7iv.
Peace,
Dan Gallagher
www.DanGallagherArts.com
Welcome Dan! I’m just east of you in the Glens Falls/Lake George area. Recently went from a lifetime of Nikon, to an A7R iva. Picked up a Smallrig L-bracket that I really like, along with the 14mm g, the 24-105, the 90 macro, a Wotancraft Trooper midsize bag, and a Sirui T-025x tripod and ball head. Makes for a light, comparatively small kit for landscape. I use the 200-600mm with Wimberley foot, the 1.4 teleconverter, a Sirui P-326 monopod with the Wimberley MH-100 gimbal head, all in a ThinkTank Mindshift Backlite 26L backpack for nature and sports. I’ve had good luck over the years with Lexar Pro cards, and still use them. Best of luck with your new gear, and Happy New Year!

Welcome Dan and thanks for joining up here! :) How are you getting on with the a7 IV?

Welcome Dan and thanks for joining up here! :) How are you getting on with the a7 IV?
Thanks, Timothy,
Other than a bit of sticker shock over the memory cards, I really like the A7iv. I've already used it for one short video gig and was really pleased with both the operation and the footage. The focus during video is a step up from my A7R2. I've not played with the S-Log3 but the S-Cinetone looks great.
I've not had as much time playing with the photo side yet.
I'm starting to plan out how to set the custom buttons, menus and modes.

Back