Help needed about grey market serial numbers

runyanp

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Peg
Am switching from Nikon to Sony and don't know which serial numbers are grey market. Am looking to purchase Sony a9ii. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Have tried several google searches but coming up empty. Any help appreciated!

I don't think there is any way to tell with Sony. I registered my grey imports on the Sony web page with no issues. When I tried registering a Tamron lens I bought they denied it.

Am switching from Nikon to Sony and don't know which serial numbers are grey market. Am looking to purchase Sony a9ii. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Have tried several google searches but coming up empty. Any help appreciated!
I can't tell from your post if you're trying to avoid grey or not. So I'm assuming you want not-grey

I've heard of this small ma-and-pa outfit located in the U.S. and UK that has a pretty good reputation for selling genuine brand cameras. I think it's called Amazon. :)

If you buy (sold by and shipped by) Amazon and the serial won't register w Sony, then you can return it with no fuss or penalties (so long as it doesn't have any bullet holes in it upon return). Third-party vendors on Amazon might be iffy on returns.

Or just buy from an Authorized Sony dealer. That's usually pretty safe if they state that it's not grey.

Amazon, B&H, and Adorama all have good reputations. I have dealt with B&H for years and they have always stood behind whatever they have sold me. And B&H offers additional insurance.

Back