Hi everybody !

Suciu Sorin

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Suciu Sorin
Greetings from Romania! Currently I am not a Sony user, but I hope I will buy my first camera this year. I just started with phoytography, I bought my first camera 3 months ago so I have a lot to learn about photography. For now Sony cameras are looking great and as far as I can see for starters they take pretty good pictures !

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Suciu and thanks for joining! Which Sony camera's are you looking at?

A friend of mine is a photographer and he recommended sony A7III and as far as I can read ithe specs of the camera it looks great from my perspective. I heard sony A7 IV is more into movies, so I cannot decide which would me a good decision. And I love macro photos. Does that do a difference between III and IV? There are so many questions I have to get the answer for before getting the camera I want.

Last edited:
A friend of mine is a photographer and he recommended sony A7III and as far as I can read ithe specs of the camera it looks great from my perspective. I heard sony A7 IV is more into movies, so I cannot decide which would me a good decision. And I love macro photos. Does that do a difference between III and IV? There are so many questions I have to get the answer before gatting the camera I want.
Both the a7III and a7 IV are also very good video cameras, the a7 IV does gain a few additional video features though. I've put together a pretty comprehensive comparison between the two that you might find helpful:

For macro shooting there's going to be very little difference between the two cameras, although of course you'll get a little more resolution with the a7 IV. But really it will come down to the lens that you are using, and there are a number of excellent macro lenses available for Sony E-Mount. This guide should help you out:

Welcome to the Forum Suciu. In looking at the A7 III vs the A7 IV, I can tell you that I own both. I've owned the A7 III for 14 months and received my A7 IV on Christmas Eve day. So I can tell you that I'm pretty much a photography Newbie. I can also tell you I loved the A7 III, but if you can afford the extra funds for the A7 IV. It has so many enhancements over the A7 III, it is very compelling. Both cameras take excellent pictures. I will say if you are planning on doing any Post Processing, editing or adjusting your photos with software, your computer and monitor should be fast and have a high quality display which will enable you to fully enjoy your photographic work. Good luck with your decision.

Back