Name
David Daw
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Bury St Edmunds
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have just joined here because I bought a used Sony A7r ii to celebrate my retirement that is now less than a month away. I am a long term Sony user. I started my digital photography with a Minolta bridge camera in 2002. I came to a Sony A77 after problems with two Lumix cameras. The A77 was a good tool, but I got fed up with lugging a bag full of lenses around and therefore looked for a one camera does it all solution. I bought a Sony RX10 as a bit of a test, and liked it so much that I sold it to fund a Sony RX10 iv. I am still in love with this camera, as it is a great tool that does almost anything and is convenient to take on my travels.

I began to lust after a full-frame camera though and after so many successes with Sony I was not going to venture away from the name. I settled on a used A7r ii and teamed it up with a 24-105 F4 Sony lens along with a Sony vertical battery grip. I have just been setting things to how I like them, so tomorrow will be my first try with the new tool.

A little about me: I am a soon to be 66 year old male in a stable relationship for the last 20 years with my Filipina partner, who is a nurse. My working life was spent initially as a Police Officer in London and latterly in Road Safety for local government. I am a father to my partner's 3 children and have never my own offspring. My hobbies are of course photography, walking in the countryside, cycling, motorcycling, and DIY. My home is in Bury St Edmunds in the east of England; it is a well-preserved town with medieval origins. The coast is about an hour's drive away.

I am happy to take shots of most things, but my principal loves are landscapes, architecture, flowers, travel, and street photography. From what I have seen thus far, this group will provide me with the inspiration and knowledge to get the most from my new purchase.

Welcome aboard David!

Welcome David and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. A big congratulations on your upcoming retirement as well! I'm sure that the a7R II will serve you well. Just let us know if you have any questions about your new camera or using this forum.

Welcome aboard David. We like Bury a lot, good pubs, good market and theatre. Not many places in the world have a market stall selling airguns!

I'm intrigued by the RX models, they do seem to be a helluva package.

I have just joined here because I bought a used Sony A7r ii to celebrate my retirement that is now less than a month away. I am a long term Sony user. I started my digital photography with a Minolta bridge camera in 2002. I came to a Sony A77 after problems with two Lumix cameras. The A77 was a good tool, but I got fed up with lugging a bag full of lenses around and therefore looked for a one camera does it all solution. I bought a Sony RX10 as a bit of a test, and liked it so much that I sold it to fund a Sony RX10 iv. I am still in love with this camera, as it is a great tool that does almost anything and is convenient to take on my travels.

I began to lust after a full-frame camera though and after so many successes with Sony I was not going to venture away from the name. I settled on a used A7r ii and teamed it up with a 24-105 F4 Sony lens along with a Sony vertical battery grip. I have just been setting things to how I like them, so tomorrow will be my first try with the new tool.

A little about me: I am a soon to be 66 year old male in a stable relationship for the last 20 years with my Filipina partner, who is a nurse. My working life was spent initially as a Police Officer in London and latterly in Road Safety for local government. I am a father to my partner's 3 children and have never my own offspring. My hobbies are of course photography, walking in the countryside, cycling, motorcycling, and DIY. My home is in Bury St Edmunds in the east of England; it is a well-preserved town with medieval origins. The coast is about an hour's drive away.

I am happy to take shots of most things, but my principal loves are landscapes, architecture, flowers, travel, and street photography. From what I have seen thus far, this group will provide me with the inspiration and knowledge to get the most from my new purchase.
Hi David from another newbie on this platform.
I live in Manchester and am also a lifelong photo geek who also enjoys motorcycle road racing (watching after racing myself)
I am also retired and enjoy street, architecture, landscape and of course motorcycle racing mainly road racing TT, NW200 etc
I shoot with a Sony A7C and also have a Canon R7
Welcome again and enjoy the forum.

Hi David from another newbie on this platform.
I live in Manchester and am also a lifelong photo geek who also enjoys motorcycle road racing (watching after racing myself)
I am also retired and enjoy street, architecture, landscape and of course motorcycle racing mainly road racing TT, NW200 etc
I shoot with a Sony A7C and also have a Canon R7
Welcome again and enjoy the forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I also enjoy motorcycle racing, but only as a spectator. I have a 1992 Honda Goldwing and a couple of BMW K series bikes in the garage.

Back