Hi from Yorkshire (UK)

benmunro

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ben Munro
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to the Sony Alpha series.

I've had an interest in photography for a while but never acted on it. I have a Canon 1300D DSLR but wasn't getting much out of it or much use. It was also quite bulky.

I saw a few people online with the a6000 and wanted one. Tried to get one and nowhere had them and then found a retailer with some so bit the bullet. What can I say? I love it!

It came with a kit lens and I've just ordered a 55-210mm zoom lens that should be here tomorrow. I've also bought some spare batteries and charger and a new tripod.

I've had a go with my camera already with the 16-50mm lens and got some decent photos. I think it will be a about making time to learn the camera and settings and not be afraid to use manual mode!

Attached is a photo I took and slightly adjusted in Lightroom but for a quick snap I'm pleased with it. Very much looking forward to really getting stuck into this as a hobby and have a break from academia.

Looking forward to digging around the website and forums :)

All the best,
Ben

Attachments

• DSC00723.jpg
    DSC00723.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 29
Welcome Ben.
The a6000 was my first "real" camera; bought it used off a friend and he had the kit lens and a 35mm f1.8 in the bag. I traded up to the a6400 and kept that 35mm prime (its a fantastic lens). Mind you, I only traded up for the ability to record 4k video. If I was strictly taking stills, I think I might still have my a6000 as it was very capable, and the perfect vehicle to start learning the Sony camera ecosystem.

Enjoy and keep posting pics!

Welcome, Ben! You got the colors and texture just the way I personally like them. Hope to see more pics coming!

Welcome Ben, that was My first Sony camera too, fantastic little camera, I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with it. 😉😁😁

Welcome Ben! The a6000 has definitely served Sony well and helped to encourage many people to get more into photography. Just don't go looking at any of the other cameras in the Alpha series just yet! :)

Back