Hi, I'm Doug. I live on Lake Travis just to the northwest of Austin, Texas in the USA.

Lake Travis Doug

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Doug
Country
United States
City/State
Austin, Texas
I'm a vet with a service connected disability, a REALTOR® who figured out LONG ago that I could buy my own gear, take better photos and take them during prime conditions. I also have a thing for collecting hats and canes (part of my somewhat minor disability), and cameras. of course.

I'm expecting my Sony a7r IVA (yes, the "A" is the newly upgraded model) by this coming Friday, or Monday at the latest. Looking forward to sharing and learning a lot. I should mention that I'm not a professional, but I have been an avid photographer since I got my first 35mm camera at the age of 12 and have never stopped. I know the exposure triangle well, and the basics of depth of field, etc. I can't wait to have a professional camera and lenses!

Last edited:
Thanks again for joining up here Doug! Not too much longer to wait for your a7R IV A to arrive :) Which lens have you gone for? Of course if you have any questions about the camera or this site please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm a vet....... I can't wait to have a professional camera and lenses!
Welcome Doug, when you get your camera/lenses, you have the option of adding your cameras and lenses to your Signature Block, which will help other members assist you with your questions. (This is optional).

Attachments

• Signature Instructions-2.jpg
    Signature Instructions-2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 16
Welcome Doug, when you get your camera/lenses, you have the option of adding your cameras and lenses to your Signature Block, which will help other members assist you with your questions. (This is optional).
Thanks, I've followed the directions and created a signature, but it hasn't shown up (perhaps it doesn't show in a reply?). I am currently debating my telephoto options, but am leaning toward the 70-200mm f2.8 GM

Fingers! Everywhere, fingers!

Thanks, I've followed the directions and created a signature, but it hasn't shown up (perhaps it doesn't show in a reply?). I am currently debating my telephoto options, but am leaning toward the 70-200mm f2.8 GM
Hey Doug. The signature will just show the first time you post in a thread and then again on each new page of the thread. It's just to try and keep the threads as clean as possible. You'll see it showing for your first post in this thread.

Thanks again for joining up here Doug! Not too much longer to wait for your a7R IV A to arrive :) Which lens have you gone for? Of course if you have any questions about the camera or this site please don't hesitate to ask.
I missed the part where you asked about lenses. So far I've received/ordered the 12-24mm f2.8 GM and the 24-105mm f/4 G.

Back