Hi there. New alpha user from Hastings southern England.

BobWebb1066

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bob Webb
Hello all,
I recently upgraded my camera & lenses to this mirrorless system after watching & reading so many reviews for the past year or so.
I am blown away by what this camera is capable of after using the Canon 5D mark2 with L series lenses for years, with the weight difference being a very noticeable positive also.
Living on the south coast I enjoy sunset & low light photography, as well as numerous other styles including urban exploration & so far I have not had any issues in capturing low light images hand held.
The learning curve for getting everything set up with user presets, custom buttons etc may take a little while to get my head around, but I am sure once all set up & memorised my creativity will be flowing more rapidly than ever before.
My first low light shot handheld during the golden hour.

Attachments

• Sunset under pier Oct 2021.jpg
    Sunset under pier Oct 2021.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 25
Welcome aboard and hopefully you will find all the help and support that you need and want. While you are fretting and learning all the bells and whistles on your new camera it is possible to set it to "AUTO" and get pretty good photos while learning the ins and outs of more creative ways. Don't feel held back or intimidated. This can be a real "learn as you go: affair. And fun, too. You are off to a good start.

I am also a recent convert from Canon, and I am also glad that I changed. I am very impressed with Sony's ability to take long exposures hand-held, I have even gone up to 0.7 secs with the 90mm macro with no sign of camera shake.
I can recommend David Busch's guide books, which I find very helpful.

Lovely shot Bob and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. If you have any questions about the forum please don't hesitate to ask.

Back