Hi

mikison

Followers
Following
Name
Mike
Thanks for accepting me to the forum! It looks like a friendly place!

I'm 🇬🇧 based with a main interest in wildlife photography. So the 200-600 is pretty much fixed to my A9. I've mainly used ILC's for the last 10+ years. I started with Nikon but moved to Sony apsc and then FF. I'm 100% amateur, a weekend warrior would be the best description. Anyhow here's a fairly recently processed photo (s) that I took!
Ta Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_124957_488.jpg
    IMG_20230220_124957_488.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 39
Welcome Mike, very cool action shot you put together there.

Welcome Mike and thank you for joining up here! I do love barn owls. I've only heard them around by me so far, hopefully one day I'll get lucky and see one :)

Thanks Tim! It's always a privilege to see a Barn Owl đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Wow, how is such a shot even possible? Did you use a tripod and pointed in the right direction at the right time?

Wow, how is such a shot even possible? Did you use a tripod and pointed in the right direction at the right time?
Hi, thank you for the nice words.

The photo wasn't very tricky to create. It was shot hand held and is actually 5 photos merged together in Photoshop. Mainly using layer masks which is a fairly basic technique. The background layer has the top owl and the field and trees then effectively I overlaid the diving owls onto the background. đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Back