rontr1

Followers
Following
Name
Ron E Trees
City/State
PNW
Hello All,
I just joined Alpha Shooters, as I am the new owner of a A6400 with the 18-135mm lens. I have been shooting with a Nikon D600 and mostly the Nikon 24-124 F4 lens. Over the last 9 years, I really have been doing very little photography. It is really just a hobby for me. One of my daughters has had the A6000 for a few years now. I have played with it a few times and have really liked it. It is considerably lighter than my Nikon. Before the Nikon, I had a Sony A100 and really liked it. I have keep looking at Sony since my A100 and so I decided too sell my Nikon gear and bought the A6400.
I really have not gotten to use it much yet, but I really do like it!! I look forward to joining in the conversation here and getting to know you all!!

Take care, Ron

Welcome Ron! You've got a very capable APSC camera on your hands and the best "kit" lens possible. Enjoy!

Thank you! The a6400 is far different from what I have had for a while, but I think I am really going to like it!! I need to get a good landscape lens.

Thanks, Ron

Hi, looking forward to some shots.

Thank you! The a6400 is far different from what I have had for a while, but I think I am really going to like it!! I need to get a good landscape lens.

Thanks, Ron
I bought two lenses "for landscape photography": Sony 10-18mm and Sigma 16mm. Wouldn't you know it, but they are the least used lenses out of the 6 I own! :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but remember: don't follow the hype! Buy a wider lens ONLY if you find that you like shooting a wider field of view, and don't spend bank to buy a lens with the widest aperture unless you're chasing astrophotography or you want a nice portrait lens with "amazing bokeh".

That said, this is a great time for APSC owners because there has never before been more choice in E-mount lenses! Choose wisely and have fun!

The 18 - 135 mm seems to get pretty good reviews. I figured I would start there and see what range I am using the most. There does seem to be a pretty good selection of lenses.

Thanks, Ron

Welcome Ron and thank you for joining up here!

Back