I need of new bag

erikbock

Followers
Following
Name
Erik Bock
My use case is a little strange possibly but maybe not. I'm s Management Consultant by trade and photography hobbyist, that gets to travel significantly (Pre-Pandemic and hopefully soon again). I have a Sony a7IV with the battery grip and my main lens is a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 DG DN Art and will have the Sony 70-200 f:28 Mk II and a flash though I don't know which one of those yet. For my work I carry a 16" MacBook Pro and obviously the power for that. I'm looking for a bag that I can use as a carry on bag (Who wants to check any of this stuff.) in order to be able to take my new camera with me when I go places.

I've look at all the old school brands Lowepro, Tenba, Tamrac, Domke and can't seem to find one that will hold the big MBP. I looked at Peak Design and they seem to be leading the pack (Not to be puny) right now.

Thoughts?

ThinkTank make a good range of roller bags that are carry-on spec, and can take the 16” MacBook Pro in the outer pocket. I think mine is called something like Airport Advantage, or something like that. Looks exactly like a million over rolling carry ons bags - does not scream “I am a camera - steal me!”.

ThinkTank make a good range of roller bags that are carry-on spec, and can take the 16” MacBook Pro in the outer pocket. I think mine is called something like Airport Advantage, or something like that. Looks exactly like a million over rolling carry ons bags - does not scream “I am a camera - steal me!”.
I will take a look at them.

I like my think tank bags large to small all well made and comfortable to carry

I love the Manfrotto Redbee I have, and the Manfrotto Pro Lite are similar. Beautifully made bangs, and cheaper than many.

I have the 30 liter Peak Design Everyday Backpack (version 1). It will hold your camera gear and the laptop, and then some. I will be honest though, I have a few minor complaints:
  • The dividers provided are fabric over some sort of stiff material, but not cushioned.
  • The bag itself when loaded up does not fit under all airplane seats (and definitely NOT under any train seats I have experienced), so you will likely be putting it in the overhead bin.
  • The bag is a bit heavy for the frequent flier: it is 4.5 lbs when empty. However, I suppose the counterpoint is that I have stuffed 30lbs of gear in there and it held up ok.
I guess the size and weight come with the territory, so I won't make a fuss about that. However, for the dedicated photographer, I think the style of backpack that opens from the back is probably a better style.

Lowepro LP37332-PWW Fastpack BP 250 AW III​

This is what I'm using to carry sony a7r3a with battery grip, 30mm, 85mm, 70-200mm, MacBook pro and lots of other little bits, its built very well comes with rain covers and many pockets etc..

My use case is a little strange possibly but maybe not. I'm s Management Consultant by trade and photography hobbyist, that gets to travel significantly (Pre-Pandemic and hopefully soon again). I have a Sony a7IV with the battery grip and my main lens is a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 DG DN Art and will have the Sony 70-200 f:28 Mk II and a flash though I don't know which one of those yet. For my work I carry a 16" MacBook Pro and obviously the power for that. I'm looking for a bag that I can use as a carry on bag (Who wants to check any of this stuff.) in order to be able to take my new camera with me when I go places.

I've look at all the old school brands Lowepro, Tenba, Tamrac, Domke and can't seem to find one that will hold the big MBP. I looked at Peak Design and they seem to be leading the pack (Not to be puny) right now.

Thoughts?
Not any help really but I have gone through so many bags holsters and backpacks, it seems it impossible to find the perfect bag

Not any help really but I have gone through so many bags holsters and backpacks, it seems it impossible to find the perfect bag
I’m planning on getting the Domke F2 for having all my gear in one bag. I’ve had that one before and the one I had I used for 20 years. The one I am looking for is to be able to travel in my job and take on a plane with my work laptop and my rolling carry on bag for clothes.

I’m planning on getting the Domke F2 for having all my gear in one bag. I’ve had that one before and the one I had I used for 20 years. The one I am looking for is to be able to travel in my job and take on a plane with my work laptop and my rolling carry on bag for clothes.
Erik, I was curious about travel bags and wanted to know what you ended up selecting?

Back