cooper27

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Jim Gawura
I started out with a Nikon F-Photomic Tn in 1967. Shot Nikon until Canon came out with a full-frame digital. Switched out to all Canon. A friend of mine that is a "serious" photographer had switched from Nikon to Sony. He sang their praises and I decided to try one. Purchased an A9 and a few lenses. Wow, what a joy. Ended up with several bodies and a great assortment of lenses. Goodbye Canon. The pictures are fantastic. I love the fact that you are able to assign different functions to the buttons. Also, the updates of the firmware don't make the camera obsolete every couple of years. The glass is amazing. Still learning and enjoying.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Jim and thanks for joining up here. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Sony a9 too! :)

Welcome

Thank you, everyone. Trying to get out for some astrophotography. 300 days a year of sunshine. Guess what? Cloudy!

Thank you, everyone. Trying to get out for some astrophotography. 300 days a year of sunshine. Guess what? Cloudy!
Eh, big deal. We get 300 days of sunshine in Michigan too, it's just that it's above the clouds... :whistle:

I'm in FL, so with our humidity it feels like we have cloud cover any time I want to try astro!
What state are you in?

Are you a Yooper? I was a troll.
Nope, troll.

We really get our fair share in the spring/summer/fall, but once winter rolls around the Great Lakes take over and give us clouds

Back