Sony A7R + A7R II I'm still a 7r2 person

Margaret C

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I've been focused on adding glass. I'll update the camera in another year or so. There's always something new and shiny!

Me too. Bought it last year. Looking for something Wide, maybe something adaptable and filters. Do have a nice collection from my previous camera. Pentax 135 PK mount
Nikon 105
Nikon 50
and a Zeiss 50mm F2 ZM
and a nice Voigtlander 21 F4 LTM

fancy collect over a few years

The A7RII is a great camera. The biggest downfall of the A7RII is the batter life. If I didn't get hooked on BIF, I would still have mine. I moved up to the RIII which has the same great sensor with a number of upgrades including the battery life. I will proabably never get rid of my RII, and will probably add something like the A9 for BIF and keep the RIII for everything else.

Another happy a7rII owner. Love it for slower photography, landscapes, etc... Have an a9 for fast action now, but miss the resolution and general feel of the images out of the a7r series, so couldn't get rid of it....

Anyone else have issues with their top front dial? Mine started to go bad a while back, and now doesn't work at all. No big deal, as I can use the thumb wheel to do the same functions when in Manual mode, but it's a drag. Hard to justify repair cost with it's current age, but considering it...

I'm very happy with my A7Rii as well. I use it for wildlife, landscapes and travel photography. It does it all!

I'll admit, though, that I'm looking to swap out my second body - an a55 - with an E-mount full frame and I'm seriously considering a used A9 for the added focus capability.

Hey guys!
Just got a Sony a7rii ( my first real camera) and l love it! But I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out where the in-camera photo rating option is. I've searched the manual, watched youtube vids (allegedly for a7rii, but the menu structure was different!), and asked friends, but I can't find it... Thoughts??

Skeleton Stagecoach.JPG
  • ILCE-7RM2
  • 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports 021
  • 227.1 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 640

I'm a little late to the party I suppose. I'll blame it on a slow horse. I just picked up a Sony a7rii a couple of months ago. Trying to learn the Sony menu, full frame and the limits of my two Sigma lenses. I'm coming over from the M43 format, which I still shoot and enjoy. Hopefully they don't frown on us lowly a7rii shooters round these parts. Doesn't seem to be too many of us here!

Back