a7R II I'm still a 7r2 person

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Margaret C

Newcomer
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
I've been focused on adding glass. I'll update the camera in another year or so. There's always something new and shiny!

AHPZuazua

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 19, 2020
Name
Reuben Zuazua
Country
United States
City/State
Florida
Me too. Bought it last year. Looking for something Wide, maybe something adaptable and filters. Do have a nice collection from my previous camera. Pentax 135 PK mount
Nikon 105
Nikon 50
and a Zeiss 50mm F2 ZM
and a nice Voigtlander 21 F4 LTM

fancy collect over a few years

jhousteniii

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
James H
Country
United States
City/State
Delware County Pennsylvania
The A7RII is a great camera. The biggest downfall of the A7RII is the batter life. If I didn't get hooked on BIF, I would still have mine. I moved up to the RIII which has the same great sensor with a number of upgrades including the battery life. I will proabably never get rid of my RII, and will probably add something like the A9 for BIF and keep the RIII for everything else.

SandtoSnow

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 20, 2020
Another happy a7rII owner. Love it for slower photography, landscapes, etc... Have an a9 for fast action now, but miss the resolution and general feel of the images out of the a7r series, so couldn't get rid of it....

Anyone else have issues with their top front dial? Mine started to go bad a while back, and now doesn't work at all. No big deal, as I can use the thumb wheel to do the same functions when in Manual mode, but it's a drag. Hard to justify repair cost with it's current age, but considering it...

Kim_Captures

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 11, 2020
Name
Kim M
Country
United States
City/State
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm very happy with my A7Rii as well. I use it for wildlife, landscapes and travel photography. It does it all!

I'll admit, though, that I'm looking to swap out my second body - an a55 - with an E-mount full frame and I'm seriously considering a used A9 for the added focus capability.

Jennywren

Newcomer
Followers
Following
May 17, 2021
Name
Genevra Garrett
Hey guys!
Just got a Sony a7rii ( my first real camera) and l love it! But I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out where the in-camera photo rating option is. I've searched the manual, watched youtube vids (allegedly for a7rii, but the menu structure was different!), and asked friends, but I can't find it... Thoughts??

will focus

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Oct 27, 2021
Name
bill
Country
United States
City/State
traverse city, michigan
Skeleton Stagecoach.JPG

I'm a little late to the party I suppose. I'll blame it on a slow horse. I just picked up a Sony a7rii a couple of months ago. Trying to learn the Sony menu, full frame and the limits of my two Sigma lenses. I'm coming over from the M43 format, which I still shoot and enjoy. Hopefully they don't frown on us lowly a7rii shooters round these parts. Doesn't seem to be too many of us here!

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.