Incoming: GFX100S

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

liggy

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020
Unsure if anyone is interested but I’ve been a GFX shooter for a while. Sold the 50R and after a 2.5 month wait my medium format ibis equipped 102MP IQ monster is supposed to be here tomorrow. Perfect companion to the speed/af of the A9 MkII.

Very excited.

liggy

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020

Attachments

• 59A6E74B-B740-4434-90A6-ADDF4F454E44.jpeg
    59A6E74B-B740-4434-90A6-ADDF4F454E44.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 2

TheFloridaShooter

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 19, 2020
Unsure if anyone is interested but I’ve been a GFX shooter for a while. Sold the 50R and after a 2.5 month wait my medium format ibis equipped 102MP IQ monster is supposed to be here tomorrow. Perfect companion to the speed/af of the A9 MkII.

Very excited.
I also shoot the GFX and GFXs

Reactions: liggy

TheFloridaShooter

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 19, 2020
Epic signature! 🤣

How do you find the 600/400 primes vs. the 200-600?
Well, if I'm huffing it ( traveling by foot ) a considerable distance the FE GM 200-600 goes. I only shoot the FE GM 600mm from a gimbal (RRS). I had some focus issues with the FE GM 200-600mm when I use the a7Riv, that was a quick simple fix. So if you're shooting in ideal conditions for the 200-600 (enough light) and have your camera set up correctly you'll get some stellar results.

Reactions: liggy

liggy

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 13, 2020
Well, if I'm huffing it ( traveling by foot ) a considerable distance the FE GM 200-600 goes. I only shoot the FE GM 600mm from a gimbal (RRS). I had some focus issues with the FE GM 200-600mm when I use the a7Riv, that was a quick simple fix. So if you're shooting in ideal conditions for the 200-600 (enough light) and have your camera set up correctly you'll get some stellar results.
Thanks - love having the real world feedback. 95% of the time I walk around with the A9II/200-600 since I live a few blocks away from a big lake. Honestly I don't want to carry anything much heavier than the 200-600. I wish it was brighter but am very happy with the output. The primes do look like they need to be shot supported so I appreciate the confirmation.

A1 incoming tomorrow. My wife might have issues - we'll see. Offloading some other gear so that'll probably be good enough. :D

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.