Followers
Following
Name
Bob Ray
Country
United States
City/State
Highland Village
With the announcement of the new LA-EA5, do you think it will increase the resale value of A-mount lenses since they will gain most of the features of newer? Thinking mostly of non-"screw" since those will be limited to A7Riv and A6600 at least at start.

As a novice coming back after sometime, I’ve noticed a steep decline in Minolta glass. The newly re-hyped Minolta lenses of 3 to 5 years ago we’re selling for three to $400. Now I see I can pick them up for 100 bucks CDN.

I’m debating whether to sell my Sony 100 F 2.8 macro if I can still get some decent money for it. They list it almost 1000 CDN still new. I’d pick up the Minolta equiv. for a fraction of the price and use the difference to pick up a couple of nice Minolta lenses.

Today I also came across a large lot of Sony lenses and bodies. a77’s, a99 For quite a decent deal. Somebody who’s dumping the entire a mount system for less than a brand new high end e mount body.

I’m quite interested to know if used a mount prices will stabilize also.

not sure a-mount prices will rise but the big primes are great value now and since I am still firmly in both camps still I wont part with my a-mounts and for sure not my Minolta primes of which I have all but the 600mm f4, the 200 2.8 is possibly the sharpest lens I have ever put on any camera body and the 400 4.5 gives great quality on both mounts and colours better than any Sony lens I have in terms of colours if not iq. So really for me resale prices dont matter as it has taken 6 years to chase down this collection of lenses

With the announcement of the new LA-EA5, do you think it will increase the resale value of A-mount lenses since they will gain most of the features of newer? Thinking mostly of non-"screw" since those will be limited to A7Riv and A6600 at least at start.
Not sure since I have a mint Sigma 50mm f1.4 A mount and it's languishing in the For Sale forum; folks have been asking for FE mount instead

Seems like nothing much moving on the used A lens market, or at least not in my area. I’ve got a Sony 100mm macro up for grabs priced lower than the others and nothing moving. A few bites on mine, but no takers.

just as well, I’ve decided to keep it

Back