Followers
Following
Name
Mark jones
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
North Wales
I have the latest firmware for the a9, my question is - do I need to purchase an external intervelometer or will the onboard one do. I can’t seem to make sense of how to use it. Anyone with any experience or can direct me to any tutorials. Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, I have used mine a couple of times without any problem. I got The Friedman Archives Guide to the a9 and have found it very helpful. It wasn't cheap but i do think its worth the money. I hope that helps.

Regards Colin

Hi Colin, thanks for your reply, I shall investigate further. If anyone else has any tips, they would be warmly welcomed. Cheers

I have played with it a couple times, but definitely need to use it more before I claim to be an expoert resource for anyone on it. What I can say is that it's very easy to use with the basic controls you need. Unlike some other manufacturer implementations, it will not automatically create a video for you if you are doing Timeapse work. The old Sony Timelapse App did have this in their cameras up through the A7rII. However, the handling of the new function in the A9, is much more straight forward an easier to use. You can shoot full manual, or setup for any of the P/A/S modes, allowing for exposure ramping in camera, which seems to work pretty well.

There are a few YouTube videos out there that help getting to know it better, as well as Friedman's guides. Worth checking out and playing with it.

Greg

I have the latest firmware for the a9, my question is - do I need to purchase an external intervelometer or will the onboard one do. I can’t seem to make sense of how to use it. Anyone with any experience or can direct me to any tutorials. Thanks, Mark
Mark,
I have been using the Vello shutterboss. I will be looking at Tim's video for the internal one to see how it works. I primarily use my A9 for wildlife with my long lens. I use my A7rIV for long exposures. So have not done many long exposure shots on my a9

Thx for posting because I would not have been aware of the video.

Back