Followers
Following
Name
Chris Jordan
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Cheshire
I thought this bit of the new forum looked rather empty, and I have the impression that people are moving onwards from the mk1 a7 these days! I bought this about 18 months back and it was a bit of a budget stretch by the time I'd added some lens. It will also have to stay as my principal camera for some time now!

Looking at the improvements that now exist I think the ones that I'd like would be the better eye af and if definitely like ibis since I'm a fan of vintage glass. THe old 70 - 210 lens that ive tried will probably go back to ebay at some point, since i've found that it needs pretty high shutter speeds to avoid any shake, added to the weight of the thing! That ones tripod only unfortunately.

Are others hanging on to their first a7?

ChrisJ

And as a ps
Here's our local local downsized village parade coming in to view with an a7 and hoya fd mount 135mm lens

Attachments

• _DSC2858-01.jpeg
    _DSC2858-01.jpeg
    882.2 KB · Views: 55
Hey, I also have an A7 mark 1. I use it as a hobby, so not going to upgrade very soon I think. But maybe when I stumble upon a nice 2ndhand newer mark A7 I'll do an upgrade though, would be especially for the built in stabilisation.

I must say I'm quite happy with the full frame picture quality coming from an older model 😊

Thanks for being the first to post here Chris! :) I never owned the first a7, my first full-frame Sony was the a7R II. Great to know that it's still getting lots of love despite the M3 out now and the M4 probably just around the corner. Hard to beat a good steam engine! I wanted to get to the Welland Steam Rally last year which is near to me, sadly other things came up.

Back