Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Since @WeeMalky was last months competition winner he also received the job of choosing this months theme, he decided to go with Water / Wet Weather.

Changes to This Months Competition
I'm going to try something different this month and not allow voting until the 20th, I'll then stop the entries and allow voting to start. I have enabled likes this time but these don't count as votes.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: January 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: January 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: January 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT) - Extended to January 29th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT) due to identical vote counts.

What Do I Get if I Win?
1st Place - The first place winner will receive a $50 (US Dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon (you can choose depending on your country and preference).
2nd Place - The second place winner will receive a $30 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.
3rd Place - The third place winner will receive a $20 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.

If your local currency is something other than US dollars then the above amounts will be converted based on the exchange rate when the competition ends.

All winning photos will also be added to the new Competition Winners Gallery. You'll also have a competition winners banner added to your profile.

The first place winner will also have the job of choosing the topic for the next competition. Don't worry, a list will be provided!

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Simply post your entry below. It will be best to insert the image as full-size rather than a thumbnail.
  2. Only one photo entry per member
  3. You can't change your photo entry once submitted
  4. Keep the photos clean and family friendly
  5. Sony cameras only
  6. Archived shots are allowed
  7. In the event of a draw a poll will be run for 48 hours to decide the winner.
How to Vote When Voting Starts
  1. You can't vote until entries are closed and voting begins (see above dates)
  2. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  3. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

Last edited:
Splash!
RJT00289.jpg

Upvote 0
Cincinnati, Ohio. River front water park on a beautiful late fall evening.
fountainsb-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Winter Wet /Weather Submission

Andrew_Simcox_Weather_Husky.jpg

Upvote 0
Sunrise over a warm lake on a chilly morning.
B8D3F78A-92DA-4FE8-BB82-01E89B7F5717.jpeg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3
  • 66.2 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125

Upvote 2
Fall snowstorm in the Tetons. I was in my car warming after some shooting in the Gros Ventre area, and I looked through the windshield at the stand of Aspens in front of me and saw this. I cracked the door and shot a few frames. This is actually my best selling image!

aspens_snow_mom.jpg

Upvote 0
The River Severn in flood as it approaches Ironbridge on a cold winter morning
DSC07668.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
  • 33.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 2500

Upvote 3
No Fishing Today
No Fishing Today .jpg

Upvote 6
Striations.jpg
  • ILCE-6000
  • ----
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 8000

ILCE-6000 Sigma DG 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 f/16 focal length 300mm 1/4000sec ISO 8000

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 1
Entries have now closed for this months competition so it's time to start the voting which will run for the next 7 days.

Please use the vote buttons to up-vote any images that you like. On desktop you'll find the vote button to the right of the post and on mobile it will be at the bottom of the post.

Desktop
desktop.jpg

Mobile
mobile.jpg

A big thanks to all that have entered this month! :)

Tim

Upvote 0
It was a close battle this month and we have a number of identical vote counts!

I did say if this happens we will run a poll to decide, but I think it will be easier just to extend the voting for a couple of days.

I'm therefore going to extend the voting until January 29th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT).

Maybe enabling voting from the start of the competition like last month would have worked better!

Live and learn I guess :)

Upvote 0
So thankfully we've had a few more votes to help decide the winners of this months competition.

1st place with 5 votes is @WeeMalky - that's two times in a row now!
2nd place with 4 votes is @Paul stuart
3rd place with 3 votes is @Sdawes

Well done everyone and thanks for taking part. I know that the entries are pretty limited right now but hopefully as the forum grows you'll all have a little more competition! :)

I'll be in touch with the winners soon to arrange the prizes.

Tim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata must be embedded with image entries. Entries must of been taken in the current or previous two months. Sony cameras only.
Back