Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
From a while back but just take notice of the big boy there.
He has the look of, come any closer and I will kick you to death.
The big males can not be trusted not with his family.
Being part of Australia's coat of arms this and the Emu being the other
are the only things that can't go backwards.
I have written this going by what I have been told but never researched it.
05-12-2019 Big Day Out (224) - Copy.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 212.8 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
05-12-2019 Big Day Out (225) - Copy.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 189.7 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Are Kangaroos outwardly aggressive toward humans? Will they attack without provication?

Are Kangaroos outwardly aggressive toward humans? Will they attack without provication?
A lot depends on the mood of the actual Roo. Sometimes they are placid but can change at a the drop of a hat for no reason.
I got a shot of an older one and I was only about 3 foot away from it. It was really a stupid thing to do but I took the risk.
My mate who was with me wouldn't even get out of the car. So sometime you just got to risk it.

But if you do get a kick from them it will in most cases mean a trip to the hospital and a stay for a while.
So my advice is not to trust them. Even tame ones can take a disliking to someone, while others can touch and pet it.
I have also been told I take too many risks with the taking of shots as it was a couple of weeks earlier where I get a
shot of a Wallaby who was a younger one and the same thing. I got out got the shot while my mate wouldn't get out.

But in the wild they will usually see you before you see them and take off. So mast cases of getting hurt are with so called tame one.

Nice. They are as muscular as Arnie in his heyday. I wouldn't mess!

Nice. They are as muscular as Arnie in his heyday. I wouldn't mess!
Being totally serious I have seen them well the males ones far more muscular than this one.
If you didn't know any better you would swear that it was on steroids.
So well defined arms that would put many bodybuilder to shame.

And this is when I would take 2nd thoughts about getting out of the car to get a shot or two.
I think a good car door and window would make a good barrier.

Back