Kase Magnetic Filter System - Lens hood?

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

its_afox

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Does anyone use the Kase magnetic filter system? I have both a 67mm and 77mm lens and I'm looking to purchase the Kase magnetic ND filter kit in 77mm as well as the 67-77mm step up adapter. I'm wondering if the magnetic filter kit will prohibit the use of my lens hood (on either or bot lenses) and if that will end up causing me some major heartache/regret. Thank you in advance! :)

I use the Kase Wolverine (magnetic) filters. (They are great! - I've basically stopped using my Nisi and Lee filters now.) Although you need to remove the lens hood to put the filters on or take them off, it does work just fine with a lens hood if the filters are the same size as the lens thread. That is, the 77mm filters will work with a lens hood for a 77mm filter thread lens. A 67mm filter will work with the lens hood for a 67mm filter thread lens. But if you're using step down/up rings - say to fit 77mm filters to a 67mm thread - the lens hood will not fit. So you'd need two sets of filters for each thread size.
In my case, I have the 77mm set and rarely use a lens hood with my 67mm thread lenses. If I need to shield from the sun then, so long as it is out of the frame, I just use my hand to cast a shadow.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back