Kingston Canvas React Plus UHS-II SDXC Memory Card (300/260)

Brownie

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
You've heard of sticker shock? This is MP shock! I'm used to 20MP images. Shooting uncompressed RAW and Extra Fine jpg would get me well over 1,000 photos on a 64G card and fast writing speeds.

I messed around at the track last night with the RIII while they were testing the new pavement and was pretty surprised how fast the bursts filled the card and how long it took to write the files. Now in truth I'll be using the 7IV more than the RIII, so it won't be as bad as all that. Still...

Anyone using the Kingston? I've read @Timothy Mayo's guide and it seems like a lot of bang for the buck. I just spent $ on a couple of Sony Tough 64G so I'm trying to avoid another major hit, but after a bit of testing I'm concerned I may run out of space. A 128G would put me back to my old expected storage capacity for photos in the RIII and beyond it in the 7IV.

I am planning to use the 128 in the first slot of the 7IV and keep a 64 in the other in case I hit overflow.

Not currently, but I have in the past and found them to be eminently reliable and just as fast as other cards of the same rating.

Uncompressed RAW from the A7RIII comes out at over 80MB, and the A7RIV makes it worse, at just over 120MB. I use 128GB cards, and generally get ~1002 images on a card on the A7RIV.

Lossless compression on the A1 makes a big difference: 100MB goes down to 50-75MB.

The A7IV offers lossless compressed, too. I would strongly recommend using it.

I imagine that the next A7R model will offer lossless compression, too.

Uncompressed RAW from the A7RIII comes out at over 80MB, and the A7RIV makes it worse, at just over 120MB. I use 128GB cards, and generally get ~1002 images on a card on the A7RIV.

Lossless compression on the A1 makes a big difference: 100MB goes down to 50-75MB.

The A7IV offers lossless compressed, too. I would strongly recommend using it.

I imagine that the next A7R model will offer lossless compression, too.
Never. Uncompressed RAW, only. I'd rather just get the bigger cards.

Back