Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
I bought an LA-EA4 for my A7RIII a few months ago. I noticed there was a problem with the 35-105, it would only connect with the camera intermittently. I figured I'd check into it later, then the holidays came, etc. It works fine with the 28-135 and 100-400, which is mostly how I use it. The other day I tried it with a prime, and it doesn't see the lens at all. No AF, no aperture.

Tonight I checked all of my A-Mount lenses. See below. They all work with the M4 and EA5. On the RIII and EA4, some work, some don't, some are intermittent. I can get the 35-105 to work sometimes if I clean the contacts on the adapter, then it stops. I think there's something loose inside the adapter. The 'intermittent' are depending on where the lens is at in the zoom range. Most work at both ends, the 70-210 works at both ends and in the middle. According to Sony all of them have identical compatibility and all are compatible on the LA-EA4/A7RIII combination.

I might think there was something loose in the zooms, but they all work with the LA-EA5, and there are two primes that don't work. The common denominator is the adapter. Fortunately, it was purchased through KEH and there's still warranty left.

Sony A7RIII and LA-EA4
LensAFApertureW/A7IV and LA-EA5 Sony Compatibility
50 MacroNoNoXX
50XXXX
85NoNoXX
28-135XXXX
100-400XXXX
100-200XXXX
70-210IntermittentIntermittentXX
35-105IntermittentIntermittentXX
75-300IntermittentIntermittentXX
500 RefNoX (fixed)XX