Lifeguard

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Reciprocum

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 9, 2021
Name
Afonso Santos
Country
Portugal
Initially surprised this picture came in focus with the "old 7M3" at 8fps and the lead-feet Sigma 85, until it struck me: the subject was moving at constant distance to me ..., I really do not recommend the Sigma for any kind of action, it has let me down many many times. 21-09-12 09h56m34s 0020 L.jpg

Boojum

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2021
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
Initially surprised this picture came in focus with the "old 7M3" at 8fps and the lead-feet Sigma 85, until it struck me: the subject was moving at constant distance to me ..., I really do not recommend the Sigma for any kind of action, it has let me down many many times. View attachment 12872

I kind of think that a Sony lens on a Sony camera is the better route. Other lenses may be a "better buy" but you will lose money selling it to get the Sony equivalent. I have just two Sony lenses and they have never let me down. Since 2015. What are the experiences of others?

Great pic, BTW.

Reciprocum

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 9, 2021
Name
Afonso Santos
Country
Portugal
I kind of think that a Sony lens on a Sony camera is the better route. Other lenses may be a "better buy" but you will lose money selling it to get the Sony equivalent. I have just two Sony lenses and they have never let me down. Since 2015. What are the experiences of others?

Great pic, BTW.
Same same, but on the 85mm focal distance Sony's offer was problematic: SEL85F18 excelent AF performance bad CA (as is the case with all Sony F18 glass), SEL85F14GM good IQ bad AF. So I decided to try my first (and last) Sigma with the 85 DG DN, great IQ lousy AF. Today I wish I would have stayed with the 85F18 instead and waited for 85F12GM.

Andrew

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 26, 2021
Name
Andrew
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Berkshire
Liking all these shots so far!

Jeff A

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Afonso, for a while, this thread's content was really heading in the right direction. Now, I'm not so sure. ;)

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.