Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Went up the Long Mynd before sunrise to try and locate a Short Eared Owl that had been seen the previous day . There was too much cloud cover to give a vibrant sky but I liked this scene when the early morning rays penetrated the clouds and briefly lit the valley through the low lying mist.
DSC05114-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640

Beautiful shot Steve, definitely a nice way to start the day! Did you have any luck with the owl?

Beautiful shot Steve, definitely a nice way to start the day! Did you have any luck with the owl?
Thanks Tim , no unfortunately , a mate of mine got a great shot of it the afternoon before but I spent a few hours up there with no sign of it so guessing it was just passing through and had moved on

Thanks Tim , no unfortunately , a mate of mine got a great shot of it the afternoon before but I spent a few hours up there with no sign of it so guessing it was just passing through and had moved on
That's a shame, fingers crossed they pass through again. I've only spotted one before on Skomer Island, although I've not really been out and about looking for them. We hope to move a little closer to this area soon, somewhere around Cleobury all being well.

I imagine it was a good hike to get up there?

I imagine it was a good hike to get up there?
Not at all unless there is snow and ice around ,( road then closed ) there is narrow road that you can drive up onto the top and down the other side if you wish with a few small car parks dotted around on the top . If you do fancy a good hike then you can walk up to the top via a number of different routes.