DSC03825-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 50mm F1.2 GM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.2
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 160

A7IV + FE50mm 1.2 GM

Welcome to the Forum Christina. What a lovely daughter you have, and she knows how to strike a pose.

Welcome to the Forum Christina. What a lovely daughter you have, and she knows how to strike a pose.

Thanks Jeff A ..... I've been using Sony A7/9 series since it first came out. This is my granddaughter .... although I do have 3 grown up daughters :)

Thanks Jeff A ..... I've been using Sony A7/9 series since it first came out. This is my granddaughter .... although I do have 3 grown up daughters :)
Congratulations. We would love to have Grandchildren but it looks like that is not going to happen.

I do like it but I have got a sticky point that is making me not like it to the full extent.
The way that you have got her arms and hands out of focus is just throwing me off from the shot.
Though if this is what your aim was when you took this then you have got just what you were after
and I can accept that.
But I am not a fan of the way it is myself but this is what makes our hobby so much better as we all have got
different tastes in what we like.

I do like it but I have got a sticky point that is making me not like it to the full extent.
The way that you have got her arms and hands out of focus is just throwing me off from the shot.
Though if this is what your aim was when you took this then you have got just what you were after
and I can accept that.
But I am not a fan of the way it is myself but this is what makes our hobby so much better as we all have got
different tastes in what we like.

Yes, valid point. Since it's shot wide open that's always going to be the case. I think the eye is the most important for a portrait.

Yes, valid point. Since it's shot wide open that's always going to be the case. I think the eye is the most important for a portrait.
As I said if this is the way you wanted it to turn out then I am all for it. I have seen where people just take the shot and get what they get by chance.
This as you have said wasn't the case here and because it was what you are after I can fully accept this.
To get it this way you like is to me the most important thing and I say well done in this case then.

Personally Christina I think it is perfect.
When I’m shooting my grandson or any else for that matter, i always try to isolate the face or whatever else I want you to focus on.
I get that we all differ though and that’s what makes photography great.
Spot on, I love it.

Back