• ILCE-7M4
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
No Clint,
I used a tripod, but the problem was that I forgot the filter holder for the 14GM (to place a 6 steps ND filter) at the hotel, so I had to do a burst of about 30 shots, to later process them in post in order to get the motion on the waves.
This method is of course more time consuming, but at the end you can control the motion more precisely by discarding some of the frames of the burst.

Last edited:
Lol, poor bugger!

Yes, I looked at the water then the shutter speed, and thought something different must have went down...

You're loving that 14mm mate. It suits your style very well actually. 🙂

Actually I prefer the 20G, but sometimes you need to go wider, and I confess that placing that extra filter holder in my small camera bag is a mess, cause the filter bag has no room for it, so it must be placed elsewhere alone in the bag. Maybe a rear filter could fix this mess.

What do you think of those rear filters? I was never interested in getting them, I just hate the idea of putting a filter on the back like that. That was why the decision of giving up the 2mm to have 16mm instead was so easy to make.

My 20G is one of the primes that I kept. The colours from that lens are outstanding, and the lens just looks so gorgeous on the camera..! ✅

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think of those rear filters? I was never interested in getting them, I just hate the idea of putting a filter on the back like that. That was why the decision of giving up the 2mm to have 16mm instead was so easy to make.

My 20G is one of the primes that I kept. The colours from that lens are outstanding, and the lens just looks so gorgeous on the camera..! ✅
Yep, the 20G is in my opinion one of the best lenses available for FE mount. At the beginning I trusted on the wrong review and I firstly discarded it, but when the new Sigma art came out and checked its IQ, I was truly disappointed (not bad at all, but I expected more out of it, given the fact that is much bigger), so I looked for another sources of reviews, and even I tried it at a shop, so I changed my mind and got it.
The trade on the 14GM rear filter is that, at least with Haida, you have to mess with some screws, dismounting something, and I've always been a bad handyman, but given the fact that I've miss that front filter holder a couple of times already, I guess I will go for the rear system, like when you decide to go for eye surgery to correct your myopia.

What review said the 20G wasn't the best? I thought I'd never heard even the slightest bad word about it. Mine has amazing IQ, and absolutely zero CA...

That 20G is one of those lenses that the shot just looks special straight away on the back screen of the camera. I had it before the Sigma was released, but as soon as I seen the size of the Sigma when it was released, that alone made it a non consideration for me to move over. If I'm getting almost as good or as good image quality, and the size difference is negligible, I'd prefer Sigma Art over Sony lenses any day of the week. The Sony lenses I own are purely because I believe they are clearly better than the Sigma counterparts, either in size or image quality...

I'd absolutely have the Sigma Art 24mm over the 24mm GM though. I think the 24mm Sigma is a real beauty!

What review said the 20G wasn't the best? I thought I'd never heard even the slightest bad word about it. Mine has amazing IQ, and absolutely zero CA...

I'd absolutely have the Sigma Art 24mm over the 24mm GM though. I think the 24mm Sigma is a real beauty!
The resolution numbers wide open in the edge in the frame at Lenstip didn't convince me at that time.
Regarding the 24mm choice, I agree you, I guess I'd go for the sigma (I've test it at a local shop), but to me, none of them are good enough, so I'll stay with my gear as it is now. Maybe, the natural pick between 20 and 35 should be a 28mm, but it ain't anything good either on the market nowadays. And let's be honest, I just can live without it.

Last edited:
Camara de Lobos, in Madeira, is a little fisher's village near Funchal, which became kind of famous cause Winston Churchill used to spent some time there, painting by the old harbour.
Today you still can feel this on the price of the beers if you order one close to the shore. :eek::ROFLMAO: Crazy expensive, way different to the rest of the island.

camaradelobos-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/8000 sec
  • ISO 100

Porto Moniz is a little village at the north west shore of Madeira island, famous by its natural pools.
We just reached the place very late in the evening, too late I guess.

portomoniz-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/2 sec
  • ISO 100

Back