Name
John Bergsing
Country
United States
City/State
Nashville, TN
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Had to reschedule a client shoot last weekend due to inclement weather, but I still had an itch to shoot something. So I decided to shoot something from the kitchen. Shot this with the 90mm macro lens and a beauty dish almost directly overhead.

DN-A7402601-standard.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125

Attachments

• DN-A7402601-standard.jpg
    DN-A7402601-standard.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Had to reschedule a client shoot last weekend due to inclement weather, but I still had an itch to shoot something. So I decided to shoot something from the kitchen. Shot this with the 90mm macro lens and a beauty dish almost directly overhead.

View attachment 28790
I really like this. Great image.

Wow … I love it.. excellent…
Could you share your setup please..

How'd you get the water droplets so uniform? Some kind of wax?

Nice shot!

Wow … I love it.. excellent…
Could you share your setup please..
Wish I would have taken a pic with my phone to show you, but here it goes. I used one of those 2x3 poster cards you get at Walmart as the background. Westcott FJ400 in a Westcott 24" beauty dish boomed directly above the apple. But I feathered the light (aiming it forward, toward the camera) to keep light off the background as much as possible. Edited in Lr & DeNoise.

Last edited:
How'd you get the water droplets so uniform? Some kind of wax?

Nice shot!
I bought one of those small cheap $1 spray bottles you get at Walmart's travel section. I started by only spraying once, shooting, spraying again, shooting and on until I got the look I was after. It's just plain water. Nothing added to the apple at all.

Just superb. I assuming it is processed in HDR?
Thank you. Processed it in Lr and DeNoise. No HDR, but now I'm curious what effect that might have on it! Diving in....

Back