Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Trying to get everything up to speed, all new employees, some new equipment. They invited bracket racers, bikes, and juniors. Attendance was free. I went and was the only photographer there. Lots of fun and good to be back after being completely closed last year and spotty the year before due to COVID.

I culled the shots from both cameras and started processing. 35-40 are done, I have about 100 left to do. Here's a couple shots, the rest are in the flicker album, click any shot to take you there. I'll upload more as I get them done.

DSC02704 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC02351 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC02452 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC00990 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC01099 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Trying to get everything up to speed, all new employees, some new equipment. They invited bracket racers, bikes, and juniors. Attendance was free. I went and was the only photographer there. Lots of fun and good to be back after being completely closed last year and spotty the year before due to COVID.

I culled the shots from both cameras and started processing. 35-40 are done, I have about 100 left to do. Here's a couple shots, the rest are in the flicker album, click any shot to take you there. I'll upload more as I get them done.

DSC02704 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC02351 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC02452 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC00990 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC01099 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr
What? No ET's in your EXIF?

What? No ET's in your EXIF?
LOL! They weren't even printing them for the drivers at first because it was just a track-break in event. A lot of new pavement that needs a good coat of rubber on it. They eventually announced they would print ETs for anyone who asked, someone must have complained!

Cool shots! In my younger days, I got to make a pass in a friends '64 Sting Ray. It had a very "Built" engine with a Roller Cam, low pressure slicks screwed to the rims, etc. A 12 second car. With a 488 rear end, it was a hoot to drive! Great weight transfer made for fun launches.

Well I'm geeked! Milan Dragway chose the photo at the top of this post to announce the official opening on their Facebook page. Because they posted it, it's been shared all over the place including a streaming 'radio' station that caters to drag racing and some of the other racing organization sites. I'm waiting to see if they use it on their website too, which has yet to be updated.

My Flickr page got 7,560 views yesterday. o_O

Back