Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Crazy day yesterday at the Nostalgia Nationals. Lots of blown engines, chutes popping early, cars breaking. A lot of delays. A 1943 Willys crashed and rolled when the yoke that holds the rear axle in place broke. The car went sideways in the shutdown area and rolled 3 times. Driver walked away uninjured.

Some good stuff too. Lots of noise and speed. An A/A Nostalgia Funny Car called "Mad Max" made a 255mph 5.45 second pass. Slow by today's standards, but that's the fastest I've ever seen a nostalgia car go. The driver said it was their fastest pass. I was unfortunately on the other side of the track and paying attention the car nearer me, the Chi-Town Hustler, so my photos of Mad Max are limited. The Hustler crew did a great job too, their pass was 238mph and 5.75 seconds. It was a great matchup.

I made this for the Mad Max crew.
DSC07239_01 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

The Chi-Town Huslter. For those who aren't aware, 'Chi-Town' is slang for Chicago.
DSC07234 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

A few other shots from the day. As always, there's an album in Flickr, just click on any of the photos. I have about 60 in there now, probably another 60 to go.

DSC03438 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC06755 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC03552 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC03670 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC03467 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC07310 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

DSC07076 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

Back