Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
Last week, I got out for my second night camera shoot in Old Town Sacramento. I needed to find out what my REAL minimum shutter speeds for hand-held night photography would be, which in my case appears to be 1/30th of a second. I also tried my 35mm G Master lens instead of my favorite 20mm G prime. The Sony 35mm G Master treated me well. If you are a Pixel Peeping fiend, you’ll find that not all of these are perfect, not to mention a few throw-a-ways. I have some more on my Flickr Page. See the link below. Have a nice visit:
Old Sacramento at night
Sacramento & Old Town Sac-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100
Sacramento & Old Town Sac-5.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 2500
Sacramento & Old Town Sac-6.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 5000
Sacramento & Old Town Sac-7.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 1600
Sacramento & Old Town Sac-16.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
These look great mate! A little bit of noise there but apart from that, fantastic! The compositions are lovely.

I think that 35 likes you! 😁

Last week, I got out for my second night camera shoot in Old Town Sacramento. I needed to find out what my REAL minimum shutter speeds for hand-held night photography would be, which in my case appears to be 1/30th of a second. I also tried my 35mm G Master lens instead of my favorite 20mm G prime. The Sony 35mm G Master treated me well. If you are a Pixel Peeping fiend, you’ll find that not all of these are perfect, not to mention a few throw-a-ways. I have some more on my Flickr Page. See the link below. Have a nice visit:
Old Sacramento at nightView attachment 28617View attachment 28618View attachment 28619View attachment 28620View attachment 28621
Very nice, I love #2. The 35mm performed very well.

These look great mate! A little bit of noise there but apart from that, fantastic! The compositions are lovely.

I think that 35 likes you! 😁
Thanks Clint. I appreciate your comments.. I find that no matter how slow my shutter speed is, there will be noise that neither Topaz De Noise or DxO PureRAW 2 can't completely eliminate. The conditions are just too dark, but frankly, I find it interesting to make these night shots. I'm also finding my limits with my Lightroom education. I need to hit the books and learn about some of the little known features.

Back