ConalO

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Conal
Country
United States
I have recently picked photography back up as a hobby with the purchase of a Sony a6000. I am still in the process of figuring out the in and outs of the new camera and the lenses that I purchased with it .I am mostly a fan of landscape photography and looking forward to some photo trips this year (pandemic willing). I have been practicing on my dogs trying to work on portrait photos but it is a work in progress. Looking forward to exploring this forum with the hope of picking up some tips.

I have recently picked photography back up as a hobby with the purchase of a Sony a6000. I am still in the process of figuring out the in and outs of the new camera and the lenses that I purchased with it .I am mostly a fan of landscape photography and looking forward to some photo trips this year (pandemic willing). I have been practicing on my dogs trying to work on portrait photos but it is a work in progress. Looking forward to exploring this forum with the hope of picking up some tips.

Attachments

• Welcome.gif
    Welcome.gif
    623.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome! Whereabouts in SoCal? I went to USC; Los Angeles was my stomping grounds for almost 5 yrs.

I am in the high desert (north of the Inland Empire) though I did live in the Glendale/Burbank/Pasadena area for the first 10 years I lived out here. Los Angeles has a lot of things going for it but I do not miss the traffic and congestion of living there much (can still visit when I get the urge).

I don't miss that traffic at all!
I DO miss those west coast sunsets though! Here are some from Santa Monica taken with the a6400 Seagull Sunset 2.jpg

Moonrise Santa Monica.jpg

You've got some nice landscape to photograph in SoCal, I hear Joshua Tree National Park is nice too, but never been there myself.

Welcome and thanks for joining up Conal. The a6000 is a fantastic little camera, I wish I kept mine now since it was my first Alpha.

I don't miss that traffic at all!
I DO miss those west coast sunsets though! Here are some from Santa Monica taken with the a6400View attachment 8106

View attachment 8105

You've got some nice landscape to photograph in SoCal, I hear Joshua Tree National Park is nice too, but never been there myself.
Nice photos. I will visit Joshua Tree at some point but making Yosemite my first trip this year in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I have just been taking a few photos of the dogs and tried out the almost full moon last night.

Attachments

• Moonadjust32721a.jpg
    Moonadjust32721a.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 21
  • daisy31621b.jpg
    daisy31621b.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 20
Welcome and thanks for joining up Conal. The a6000 is a fantastic little camera, I wish I kept mine now since it was my first Alpha.
Thanks for the welcome, Tim

Back