Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
António
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,
I just get my first sony. I am an enthusiast photographer since 40 years and had lot of different camera brands. Now I still Have Nikon and Leica but decided to explore sony due to its size weight and recognised quality. I will use it manly for travel and every day use (a6400 with 18-135mm). So far I am impressed specially with the AF capabilities and efficiency.
I hope to learn from this forum and also share and help if I can.

Bom dia and Welcome!
The a6400 + 18-135mm lens is a great travel combination: light weight and nice range. The only disadvantage to that lens is that it can be limiting inside or in low-light conditions. Enjoy it! I look forward to seeing your photos.

Bom dia and Welcome!
The a6400 + 18-135mm lens is a great travel combination: light weight and nice range. The only disadvantage to that lens is that it can be limiting inside or in low-light conditions. Enjoy it! I look forward to seeing your photos.
Thank you. I am aware of 18-135 limitations but for time being the main objective is balance weight and quality and flexibility . For indoor photography I order a sony flash ( HVF- L28RM) that will arrive tomorrow. I know that there are limitations with the a6400 . Do you now if Sony is planning to update the firmware? Or..if there is a workaround to set up manual flash with this combo?

Thank you. I am aware of 18-135 limitations but for time being the main objective is balance weight and quality and flexibility . For indoor photography I order a sony flash ( HVF- L28RM) that will arrive tomorrow. I know that there are limitations with the a6400 . Do you now if Sony is planning to update the firmware? Or..if there is a workaround to set up manual flash with this combo?
To be honest, ever since I got the a6400, I was so disappointed with the built-in flash that I did not even bother to invest in a "good" flash. I just invested in better glass. Primes that open as wide as 1.8 or 1.4 and using higher ISO have allowed me to do most of the photography I want to do. I understand that this is my fault for not learning how to use a flash properly, but nobody is perfect =)

Welcome António and congratulations on your first Sony camera. The a6400 with the 18-135 is a great combination. I always take this with me on family trips when I don't want to be weighed down by larger gear. If you have any questions about your gear or this forum please don't hesitate to ask :)

Back