Following
Name
Dr. John A. Allocca
Country
United States
City/State
Northport, NY
Hi everyone,

I'm a medical research scientist and photography has been my passion and hobby for 60+ years. I stumbled across this forum a few days ago.

I was a Nikon shooter for many years until Sony came out with the mirrorless digital cameras. I ended up selling all of my Nikon equipment and buying Sony.

I'm also doing something I think is unique and wrote a book called "Self-Discovery and Healing Through Photography."

John

Welcome Doc! What model are you shooting with and what are your favorite photography genres?

I just sold my A7RIV and A9 on eBay. I'm still trying to sell my A6600 with a complete set of lenses. If I sell everything, I will get the A1. If not I will get the A9ii. I loved the A9, but was constantly hitting the exposure compensation dial with my thumb. The A9ii has a lock on it. I have many Sony lenses. I shoot wildlife.

I'm also waiting for B&H to re-open after passover to order something.

John

Welcome to the Forum Dr. John. I'll wait to your answer to Chris' question. I had a good friend who lived on Trescot Path in Northport and have visited your fair city. Lovely place.

I just sold my A7RIV and A9 on eBay. I'm still trying to sell my A6600 with a complete set of lenses. If I sell everything, I will get the A1. If not I will get the A9ii. I loved the A9, but was constantly hitting the exposure compensation dial with my thumb. The A9ii has a lock on it. I have many Sony lenses. I shoot wildlife.

I'm also waiting for B&H to re-open after passover to order something.

John
Very nice, good luck with the sale. I really wish I had gotten the a6600 instead of the a6400, but it turns out the IBIS wasn't as great as I hoped so the only benefit would have been the larger capacity battery. I really want Sony to put out a new flagship APSC the way they have the A1 as a flagship full-frame.
You've found a good group here, wildlife and birds are very popular subjects. Welcome again.

This seems like a nice group.

P.S. I also have an A7C, which I'm using while waiting for the A9ii or A1. But, the weather has been horrible in NY. We are mostly back to winter weather.

John

Can someone tell me what the image size should be when uploaded photos here?

John

I believe the limits are:
Max. dimensions: 4,000px x 4,000px
Max. file size: 65 MB
At least, that's what it says on the upload section of the gallery.

Thanks for the info.

John

Welcome John and thanks for joining up here. Saving up for the A1 sounds like a nice plan! I've just replied to your email regarding advertising.

Can someone tell me what the image size should be when uploaded photos here?
There are two places that you can upload images here: the forum and the gallery. For none Pro Members the maximum dimensions are 2048px (same as Facebook) for both the forums and the gallery. For Pro Members the maximum resolution for the Gallery uploads increases to 4000x4000px. Any images uploaded that exceed these dimensions will be resized. There's always a fine balance with image size when it comes to forums. If they are too large then this really slows the load times, especially on slower Internet and mobile connections. Plus my hosting costs would soon go though the roof if everyone was uploading 50mb images! :)

Back