Newbie from Nashville

MLawsonD

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
M Lawson
Hey folks!

I'm fresh to the community from Nashville. Just acquired an a6100 and a couple starter lenses with the hopes of documenting landscapes and city shots during my travels in the future.

Looking forward to being a part of the community with you all!

Welcome!
I have only been to your city once, I wasn't into photography back then, but I would gladly return with camera in hand! Live music and people watching around Broadway was fun!

What lenses did you pick up?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining up! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I bought a couple cheap Meike prime lenses (25mm f1.7 and 35mm f1.4) just to get myself into the habit of focusing manually while moving. Gonna take them out on a little hike today to check them out.

Is there a section of the forum for questions specific to beginners by chance? I took a quick look and didn't note one but I don't want to start flooding any of the wrong channels.

Just drop them in here if they're specific to your situation, however there are subforums for photography genres, APSC lenses and even your specific camera body.
The 35mm 1.4 sounds pretty interesting! My favorite prime lens for our camera is the Sony 35mm f1.8: with the APSC crop factor, its almost the equivalent of the "nifty fifty" (ie 50mm) that many full frame photographers suggest as a good focal length for first lens.

Thanks for the welcome!

I bought a couple cheap Meike prime lenses (25mm f1.7 and 35mm f1.4) just to get myself into the habit of focusing manually while moving. Gonna take them out on a little hike today to check them out.

Is there a section of the forum for questions specific to beginners by chance? I took a quick look and didn't note one but I don't want to start flooding any of the wrong channels.
Like Chris said above, there are quite a few forums to cover different subjects and cameras. If you aren't sure just drop your questions in the Open Talk Forum and I can always move them if need be. Thanks!

"Nashville cats, play clean as country water, . . . " Good music and good Q and now a new camera to document it all. Welcome to this happy group. You will find support here and answers to your questions. And you can post what you find with your new camera. Click on.

Back