Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Many thanks for accepting me into the fold. I love engineering light to create art, to capture beauty, to share moments, to freeze time and to physically connect to other worlds.

I only tookup photography as a serious hobby in March 2022, when I purchased, after much research, a Sony A7iv, Sony G 50mm f2.5 and Sony GM 70-200mm f2.8 OSS II. But I've always been interested in photography and had a camera back in the day of film!

My initial primary interest in photography was to take night sky photographs, but unfortunately, as things have turned out, I haven't been able to take much of those, but hope to in the near future. However, I also discovered my love of terrestrial photography and so have been enjoying street, wildlife, architecture and landscape photography. I also don't simply rely on my Sony kit, I like to use my Iphone14 Pro to take pictures, such a great little camera.

I hope to learn lots from my new friends in this community.

Attachments

• GreenwichPark_avenue_HCanddetail-1.jpg
    GreenwichPark_avenue_HCanddetail-1.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 40
  • crows_inflight_bw-3.jpg
    crows_inflight_bw-3.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 37
Welcome!

Welcome Ed and thank you for joining up here. It certainly sounds like you enjoy shooting a nice variety of subjects! I keep meaning to do some night photography but I'm in bed far too early these days due to two young boys wearing us out.

Thanks Tim, your video on the 70-200 GM ii with 2.0x TC brought me to the group here (that is a great video!), so many thanks. Astro is quite difficult here in the UK, with the weather, and living in London with all the light pollution is another challenge, Bortle 8 skies makes it very difficult. One of the things I like about astro is the technical challenges, both in the field and at the computer, so I hope to seriously get into it soon. But the late nights are a drag, if you have kids, or if you over a certain age (like me!), sometimes you just want to sit indoors, in the warm with a single malt and a good movie on the tele.

Back