snegron

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I'd like to use my Nikon 180mm f2.8 AF-ED on my A7c. Does anyone know which would be the best adapter with the best AF compatibility?

You will not get an adapter that communicates efficiently (ie electronically )and hence non electronic adapters (or as i I call them "Dumb" adapters) will limit auto focus etc.

I use a Vello "dumb" adapter for my Nikon 200mm f4 on my A1, but as my 200mm is a macro lens then i normally use manual focus in any event and the velo adapter works fine for me.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but hope this helps......

Thank for the info. It's a shame that after all these years no one has been able to produce an F to FE adapter with full AF functionality.

Thank for the info. It's a shame that after all these years no one has been able to produce an F to FE adapter with full AF functionality.
There are a lot of accessories I wish were available, but it all boils down to marketability. If it isn't going to sell in numbers there's no reason to do the R&D.

I did a quick search and found this. I don't know a lot about Nikon lens types so no idea if this will work, but there are adapters out there. It's a matter of finding the right one. From the listing:

Compatibility Specifics
Sony E-Mount Cameras with Phase-Detection AF: Support for AF, auto exposure, aperture control, and Exif data with select G-type and E-type Nikon lenses. Select Nikon D-type lenses support auto exposure, aperture control, and Exif data.
Select Sony E-Mount Cameras: Support for auto exposure, aperture control, and Exif data with select Nikon G-type, E-type, and D-type lenses.

Not sure if that helps or not. If I'm reading your lens code correctly it's a D, so no AF, but the rest is there. Just in case, here's a link to the B&H listing:

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back