Followers
Following
Name
César
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, and happy new year

I have an a9II with the 200-600 G
When I shoot in burst mode at 20 fps (always electronic shutter) I hear almost nothing, I only perceive a slight shaking of what I assumed was the image stabilizer.

I've recently bought the 70-700 2.8 GM. Wtih this lens I hear much more noise in burst mode then with the 200-600 G. If happens both with and without the image stabilizer active.
The shaking is much more evident, and also louder. I can hear some noise in every picture of the burst.
With the 200-600 I can only perceive pictures in burst mode though my hands (by touch), but with the 70-200 GM I can also percive some sound in burst mode

Is this normal?
Is the 70-200 GM noisier than the 200-600 G?

Thanks

I have the 200-600 but not the 70-200. My other lenses mostly do more AF noise compared to the 200-600 that as a very quiet AF.
Did you try MF burst to see if you get the noise without AF?

There is no noise and no shaking with MF burts, or even with AF burst in AF-S mode.
It just occurs in AF-S., so I suposse is just a normal behavoiur, and the 70-200 GM is noisier than the 20-600

There is no noise and no shaking with MF burts, or even with AF burst in AF-S mode.
It just occurs in AF-S., so I suposse is just a normal behavoiur, and the 70-200 GM is noisier than the 20-600

It's a much older lens now, and the technology for Sony AF motors has come a long way since, so I suspect that's the issue.

It's a much older lens now, and the technology for Sony AF motors has come a long way since, so I suspect that's the issue.
Thanks for your answer.
Is It expected a new 70-200 soon?
I have to decide if I return the lens or keep it

Thanks for your answer.
Is It expected a new 70-200 soon?
I have to decide if I return the lens or keep it

Not from Sony as far as I know. There have been long founded rumours of Sigma releasing a 70 200 2.8 ART, but it didn't come in the last round of releases, so don't hold your breath. It might be worth you trying another copy of the Sony, in case it is faulty. but it's an issue I've read before.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back