North American Wildlife Thread

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
@Doug Herr Love the deer; another amazing shot. I am glad you found this thread.

Jeff A

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Reactions: MrFotoFool

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
One from this morning, a Costa's hummingbird. It was photographed on the grounds of Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum just outside my city of Tucson. They have a hummingbird aviary as well, but this one was wild on the grounds. Sony A74 with battery grip and FE 200-600.

copyright HOOD S0972.jpg

Aussie

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2020
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
I very much like this thread and all shots posted in it. There as animals in here as well as the snakes I may never see.
So I have enjoyed going through the full thread and will be back as more shots are posted in it..
Nicely done you all.

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
I very much like this thread and all shots posted in it. There as animals in here as well as the snakes I may never see.
So I have enjoyed going through the full thread and will be back as more shots are posted in it..
Nicely done you all.
Glad you are enjoying it. There may be snakes here you will never see, but you certainly have no shortage of interesting snakes in Australia!

Reactions: Aussie

RW0689

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Jul 31, 2021
Name
Rick Wilhoit
Northern Rough-winged Swallows - Sony a9 with 200-600 f5.6-6.3 - Blue Springs Lake, Fleming Park Wetlands, Jackson County, Missouri

Attachments

• Oh, no you don't!.JPG
    Oh, no you don't!.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 9

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
Northern Rough-winged Swallows - Sony a9 with 200-600 f5.6-6.3 - Blue Springs Lake, Fleming Park Wetlands, Jackson County, Missouri
Fantastic image! Thanks for posting. In the future, it is helpful if you insert the image instead of adding it as an attachment. It is not immediately obvious how to do it on this site, since the large orange "upload image" button adds it as an attachment. Instead, you can use the symbol on the top bar of the post you are typing in that shows a small rectangle with a mountain and a sun.

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
Sunday afternoon I was back at my favorite local wildlife spot: Sweetwater Wetlands in Tucson (Arizona, USA). Round-tailed ground squirrels build burrows in the dirt at the parking lot. Then I walked in and found the female bobcat Mama resting next to one of the two main ponds. Last year, 2021, I saw her and a few other bobcats often but this year I have not seen her since January. She is tolerant of people and it was a treat to spend time with her again.

All taken with Sony A74 (with battery grip) and FE 200-600 lens.

copyright HOOD S1063.jpg copyright HOOD S1104.jpg copyright HOOD S1157.jpg copyright HOOD S1246.jpg

Gogogordy

Followers
Following
Mar 29, 2021
Name
Matt Gordon
Country
United States
City/State
Murrieta, CA
This gallery needs some bears?

Attachments

• 83BFD7AA-7262-413E-8C61-853FA3ECC1AF.jpeg
    83BFD7AA-7262-413E-8C61-853FA3ECC1AF.jpeg
    642.1 KB · Views: 7
  • D119255D-45FE-4AD8-89A6-D5A03D93FCBF.jpeg
    D119255D-45FE-4AD8-89A6-D5A03D93FCBF.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 6

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Original poster
Followers
Following
Apr 18, 2022
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
This gallery needs some bears?
Yes it did need bears - thanks for the post. In future posts it is preferable if you embed them instead of adding them as attachments. Instead of using the large orange "upload images" button, use the small icon on the tool bar across the post that shows a mountain and sun.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.