North American Wildlife Thread

Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
Today before sunset I went to a local nature preserve that I haven't visited in a couple months. Last year a group of us photographers that visited regularly saw bobcats frequently (about 50% of visits). This year sightings are very rare, but some of them informed me the most regular female has a another kitten. (Sadly she was just radio collared, in spite of researchers telling us they would stay away from this preserve; due to the angle the collar is only barely visible at the bottom of her neck in this photo). I found the cats then afterwards found a juvenile Cooper's hawk and as I was about to leave saw two javelinas cross to the edge of the parking lot. All with A74 (with battery grip) and FE 200-600.
bobcat_female Mama with male kitten S4683 DXO Raw Adjust.jpg
coopers hawk_juvenile S4779 raw adjust.jpg
collared peccary S4820 DXO Raw Adjust.jpg

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
After yesterday afternoon's success with the bobcats, I decided to go back to the same preserve at sunrise and sunset today (my day off work). Sadly I did not find the bobcats. What I did find is: coyote, juvenile Cooper's hawk (again), desert song sparrow, verdin, yellow-rumped warbler. All with A74 (with battery grip) and FE 200-600. These are all cropped to various degrees.

coyote S4944.JPG
coopers hawk_juvenile S5064.JPG
song sparrow_desert S4916.JPG
verdin S5051.JPG
yellow rumped warbler S4991.JPG