Pan Blur in video

Joe Williams

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Joe Williams
Hello all, Well I finally took my a74 out in the field to shoot video, mainly of flowers and rivers. I was using Slog 8 PP8, I noticed that as I panned and zoomed, there is some out of focus areas. I was using Handheld with continuous focus. Is there a way to avoid this. I've added a screenshot from davinci resolve 18.

Attachments

• SNAG-03.jpg
    SNAG-03.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 28
Hello all, Well I finally took my a74 out in the field to shoot video, mainly of flowers and rivers. I was using Slog 8 PP8, I noticed that as I panned and zoomed, there is some out of focus areas. I was using Handheld with continuous focus. Is there a way to avoid this. I've added a screenshot from davinci resolve 18.
Kind of looks like the rolling shutter effect that plagues the APSCs, though I wouldn't expect that on your full frame camera. Was it a fast pan? have you tried using a gimbal and does that still happen?

Kind of looks like the rolling shutter effect that plagues the APSCs, though I wouldn't expect that on your full frame camera. Was it a fast pan? have you tried using a gimbal and does that still happen?
It was just a regular movement, hand help I may add, I would go out again today to do another test in the field. The monitor was also in slow motion. Its baffling to me

Back