Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
One of my top birds are the Peregrine Falcon and recently I went with an oldtimer who showed me where a couple are real close to home.
On the trip with him we did see both but the top one was the one which was presenting itself while the other was way too far away.
I then heard or really felt as our area was going into a local Covid lockdown.
So I decided to go back there to get a few more shot with fingers crossed they would be there.

I was about to leave and the bottom Falcon showed up and I was so happy to get the shots I did but it wasn't real happy with
my company so I didn't stay too long. So happy enough I headed home and got to the border and you need your license to get back home.
In my rush I left it home as its in my phone. So I told them the truth how the lockdown was coming and I just had to get these shots.
Then showed him as proof and low and behold I got through with no fine for not having my license on me as well.
So a double win by me.
Untitled-1.jpg

Great stuff Ralph. Well worth the trip back.

Lovely shot Ralph, definitely worth the trip! I do love the peregrine. Watching them dive is really impressive, especially the noise they make as they slice through the air. Sadly they are persecuted here mainly by pigeon fanciers. The area I've just moved two had a pair killed this year sadly, and it's not the first time at this location.

Lovely shot Ralph, definitely worth the trip! I do love the peregrine. Watching them dive is really impressive, especially the noise they make as they slice through the air. Sadly they are persecuted here mainly by pigeon fanciers. The area I've just moved two had a pair killed this year sadly, and it's not the first time at this location.
If you tried that here and got caught you would be in a lot of trouble.
This is so sad to read and I would hate to meet those people face to face.

Great captures Ralph

Thanks Sdawes.

Back